Pyrite is a brass-yellow mineral along with the brightest metallic luster having the chemical composition of iron sulfide. It usually forms at the lowest and highest temperatures only in the smaller amount of quantities in metamorphic, igneous and the sedimentary rocks in the different parts of the world. This Malakit gemstone is also considered to be the ubiquitous mineral which can be used to make the various sparks necessary for starting the fire.
What is Pyrite?
Pyrite has become famous gemstone currently in the market, and it is also known as the fool’s gold in the mineral’s gold color. Everyone wants to know how too easily and quickly identifies this pyrite mineral. This specific mineral is always a high specific gravity, a metallic luster and also includes the brass yellow color. It is very harder than some other forms of yellow metallic minerals. When considering its streak, it is in the black color usually with the touch of green.
It probably occurs in the well-formed crystals in the particular shape of the octahedrons, cubes or pyritohedrons that frequently have the striated faces. But at the same time, everyone should be very careful that only one mineral called Marcasite has similar properties of pyrit so you should be very careful in finding it exactly. The main difference between these two mineral compositions is the pyrite’s orthorhombic crystal structure. Marcasite doesn’t have the same brass based yellow color, but there are a lot of similar properties between them. So, you should be very careful in picking the right choice for your different applications.
Uses of the pyrite:
Pyrite is composed of the sulfur and iron, so it can act as a significant source of the different applications.
- Iron is usually obtained from the oxide ores such as magnetite and hematite. These ores happen in the largest accumulations, but the iron can be easy for the purpose of extracting. Similarly, the metal is not actually contaminated with the existing sulfur that reduces its overall strength.
- Pyrite generally used to be the most significant ore for the production of the sulphuric acid and also sulfur. Today, most forms of the sulfur are obtained as the byproduct of the gas and oil processing.
- Some forms of the sulfur are now produced from this kind of the pyrite gemstone as the byproduct of the gold production.
- As it is the popular gemstone, it can be fashioned into beads and cut into faceted, cabochons and as well as carved into the shapes.
- Most of the men and women in Europe and the United States prefer this type of pyrite gemstone based jewelry to wear with their outfit.
Gold and pyrite usually form under similar conditions, and they occur together in particular rocks. This is why it is considered to be the most valuable gemstone to be used for the manufacturing process of the different gemstone jewelry. Makes use of online for better collections and buy your desired design.